Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

FATIMA

What a day of just enjoying this mystical spirituality. Where shall I start? That I came here with my protestant preconceived ideas? That I wanted to come here on my previous Camino but was talked out of it by the women in charge at Alpriate? 

Ok, let me confess: The pope is not infallible, Mary was not without sin, purgatory does not exist.

That aside, what I experienced here was something profound. There are more crosses than statues. Mary is always portrayed in miniature scale to the cross. One of the more beautiful crucifixes that I have observed, is Christ levitated just off the cross.

The mass at the Chappel of the apparition this afternoon was inspiring. The readings were from Rom 8:18-27 and Joh 14:1-8. The message from the Fr of the Phillipians was simple, we are one, we are united to the Father in Christ. Let our prayers and life be in union. Guard against a life where there is a dichotomy between your prayers and every day life with others.

Tomorrow we set off for Nazare. We must travel, as the first pilgrims, further east, to the end of the world. There we must wash ourselves in the ocean cleansed from our sins.

Qui vivis et regnas Deus in saecula.

No comments:

Post a Comment